Plein Air Paint Out
The winner of the 2019 Snoqualmie Plein Air Paint Out competition is a watercolor piece by Jacqueline Tribble titled “The Old Bank Building,” located at the corner of Falls Ave SE and SE River St in Historic Snoqulamie. It will be featured on the 2020 Snoqualmie Plein Air Paint Out poster.
Tribble earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting at the University of Washington and traveled in New York and Europe to study the works of John Singer Sargent and French Impressionists. Residing in North Bend, she has exhibited throughout the Northwest. See more of Tribble’s work.
2020 Winning Artwork by Jackie Tribble
The second and third-place winners were Deborah McAllister and Ann Heideman. The annual event is sponsored by the Snoqualmie Arts Commission.
Registration for the Plein Air Paint Out
There are two ways to participate:
- Advance registration through Eventbrite
- Day-of Registration. Register in person at the Railroad Park Gazebo on the morning of the event. Railroad Park is at 7971 Railroad Ave SE, at the corner of Railroad Ave SE and SE King St.
All artists, including advance registrants, must check-in on the day of the event at the Railroad Park Gazebo before beginning pieces. Blank watercolor paper or blank canvas must be stamped upon check-in to qualify. Competing works must be started the day of the event, and completed by 3 p.m.
- Event is free.
- No business license needed.
- No commissions taken from paintings sold the day of the event.
- Painters must be actively working on paintings on-site and not solely selling artwork.
Winners are selected at the 3 p.m. artist reception at the Black Dog Arts Café, 8062 Railroad Ave SE. The free reception is open to the public.
For information, contact Nicole Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.