Salish Lodge & Spa Expansion
The Salish Lodge & Spa is a five-star destination hotel located at Snoqualmie Falls. It is popular regionally as a getaway and accommodates guests from around the world. The original "Snoqualmie Falls Lodge" began as an eight-room inn built in 1916 as a rest stop for travelers.
In 2004 - after many months of public process - a development agreement between the City of Snoqualmie and Gateway Cascades, LLC was entered into for expansion of the Salish Lodge & Spa and development of residential property. In 2007 - following a competitive bidding process - the development rights were purchased by the Muckleshoot Tribe.
In April 2018, the Muckleshoot Tribe submitted a general land use application and master plan initiating the City of Snoqualmie review process. (See "Project Documents")
The proposed Salish Lodge & Spa expansion would include:
- Expanded hotel with up to 182 guest rooms and suites (four-story building)
- Meeting and event facilities - 25,700 sq.ft.
- Outdoor event space - 15,000 sq. ft.
- Spa, fitness center, and swimming pool - 16,700 sq. ft.
- 12.5 acres of open space and forested walking trails
- Residential - Up to 150 homes of varying types and sizes
The 49.6-acre project site is located approximately one mile north of downtown Snoqualmie. It is 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile uphill from Snoqualmie Falls Park and across State Route 202. The development will be visually screened by a steep grade and trees.
The entrance to the property is from Tokul Road, uphill from the Tokul roundabout (traffic control and safety infrastructure) on State Route 202.
Benefits to the Community
- Job creation for local residents.
- Increased attraction of visitors to Snoqualmie, increasing sales revenue to support the city's budget.
- Economic support of existing local businesses from hotel guests visiting other Snoqualmie businesses, such as restaurants, shops, and services.
- Increased collection of hotel/motel tax, which the City of Snoqualmie allocates each year to organizations that operate tourism events and/or facilities.